Saturday, May 5, 2012

Grab a cuppa...you could be here a while!

HI! As you may remember from my last post I went to a retreat last weekend and I had a fabulous time!!!! So I thought I should share my layouts with you! I didn't create too many but I enjoyed the process in doing each one......
The first three are layouts I did based on three challenges for Scrapbooking from Scratch! Peta was awesome and bought her fabulous store to the retreat! what a mammoth effort so thanks Peta!!!

The first challenge was a quote which I actually used on a layout I don't have to show you!! i used a photo of Crystal Goulding, so she has it (although she hasn't posted it on her blog yet!!!!)

The next was a color challenge. The colors were mustard yellow, aqua and white. I love this cheeky photo of Will!

 Next was a sketch.........
This is my "Lil fish". She LOVES swimming!!! lots of bright colours, texture paste ans misting!!!

This one was also part of the challenges for the weekend! it was another sketch set by Raquel Bowman from A piece of cake designs!!! Love her kits so I definately wanted to be in the running to win a voucher to buy her kits!!!


These photos are of my children and the children of my dearest friend! these children are just beautiful and they have become more like famliy than friends!!!

Heres a little closeup!


The rest of my layouts were just because layouts!
This one I used the new Crate paper kit from Scrapbooking from Scratch. I also pulled out some extremely old rubons!!!

And this one........



How cool are these new Heidi Swapp frames!!!??

Now you may have noticed that I use a lot of circles on my layouts!!! I have for a long time! I love using the off cuts from cutting them out too!! Well let me tell you......it has become a trend!!! all my friends have started doing the same!!!! LOL!!! I told them it was addictive!!!They pulled out the cricut and started cutting!!! But just remember who started this trend!!!!

Now while I was there you may remember me saying that I participated in a photo swap and I did a layout for Raquel.
Well Iwas extrememly lucky to have the very talented Mal Gardner create this layout for me. Thanks Mal I love it!!!

I also just wanted to share this layout which I created for last months Scrap the girls challenge  but I forgot to upload it! oops!!!
Its using older photos of Maya!
I used the new "Neapolitan" range from Dear Lizzy! 

And very last... I promise is this layout I created yesterday for the challenge over at 123 Challenge!
The criteria this month is to use 
ORANGE 
+
BAKERS TWINE
THE WORD ENJOY

Here is Will enjoying painting. He loves being creative and I love that he loves it!!!

Well well done if you got through all of that!!!!!!
Thanks for popping by , Ebxxx





8 comments:

Natalie Elphinstone said...

WOW!!! Love all these layouts, each one just got better and better. So much inspiration to be had :-) Like... those circles!.... you're right, I might need to give that a go! LOL!
I also had to giggle a little at the last layout. Only because I just recently did a layout that very similar in title. Mine was called "Love that you 2 Love Your Art"!! It was on the Jenni Bowlin site this month: http://www.jbsmercantile.com/page.asp?Page=137
I guess it's a case of great minds thinking alike... at least that's what I like to think :-)

Crystal Goulding said...

Of course I think they are all super freakin awesome!!! I will post that layout soon!! ;)

Jasmine S said...

Fabulouso Eb. Your style is awesome and they look even better IRL.

Sarah said...

Love your work Ebony - it was a real treat for me to have all this eye candy to peruse whilst having my morning coffee - infact I will hold you personally responsible if we are late for school this morning lol :)

Celeste Vermeend said...

Wowsers love! Your clothes must be permanently paint stained!! hehehe..
Love your style as usual..Always makes me want to get the paint out more and then I never do..LOL xx

Lizzyc said...

wow..how wonderful to create such beauties as these!! love em all!

sarah martin said...

They are all awesome layouts Eb! Super jealous of the retreat. Would love to go on a scrap retreat.
And um have just seen the current SM magazine!! Won't say too much incase you want to share yourself on here. Off to give you congrats on FB x

Anonymous said...

Every LO is stunning! I love your style. So much to look at! Amazing!