Saturday, June 8, 2013

Guest designer!

Hi! Just popped in quickly between caring for a house full of sickies! OMG! 2013 is not my fav year so far!! Life is too crazy!
Anyway I was asked to be a Guest designer over at "Sassy Scrapper" and I was sent an amazing kit of goodies to work with!!!
I started with a simple layout to begin with...............
 
 I have used white cardstock and some Dylusions spray to create the yellow splatter effect.
To do this I tip a few drops onto the cardstock so it pools a little. I then take an acrylic block I use for stamping and hold it just above my pool of ink. I then drop the block into the pool of ink allowing it to splatter, I repeat the block a few times to achieve the effect where I want to.

To add to my background I doodled in some stars with a black pen. I use a pilot permaball pen. 
I have also stamped with a Dina Wakely handwriting stamp.
I have used a gorgeous Heidi Swapp acrylic tag as my tile and used various stickers from an Echo Park 
"Here and Now" sticker sheets along with the little captured word which I cut from "chalkboard quotes" patterned paper by Echo Park also.
I have also used some wooden veneer shapes by Freckled Fawn and used a small star punch to cut some stars from my patterned papers.
I have added some kaiser black pearls and rhinestones also.
Add in some machine sewing and some embroidery cotton and there you have it!!!
I will be back again soon with another share!
Eb x

4 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

awesome piece Eb I love it alot

Lizzy Hill said...

SIMPLE??? Doesn't look simple!!! Looks really fab:):) LOVE That bright yellow with the black & I tried you splat methodology & it sorta went everywhere teehee:):):) Was FUN, I must say.....& congrats on the GDT:):):):)

Maria said...

Great page ^_^

Chantalle said...

LOVE! And so great to have to GDT at Sassy!